Terms & Conditions
Business of Pursuits Pty Ltd trading as Meeting Like Minded (ABN 9761367857) (Meeting Like Minded), owns, operates and maintains this Website and the content contained therein, and asserts its copyright.
- 1. Accessing this Website
- 1.1 By accessing this Website, Users agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use. If Users do not agree with any of these terms and conditions, Users are prohibited from using or accessing the Website or accessing the Services. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable intellectual property law.
- 1.2 Use of parts of the Website (including those parts of the Website which are accessible to members of the public) also may be subject to disclaimers or additional terms and conditions.
- 1.3 Meeting Like Minded may in its sole and absolute discretion, for any reason or no reason, and without notice:
- (a) alter or withdraw any functionality on the Website;
- (b) withdraw or suspend access to all or any part of the Website and any account or Membership;
- (c) monitor the use of the Website;
- (d) subject to any applicable laws, treat any material that Users transmit or display as non-confidential and non-proprietary; and
- (e) edit or remove any material that Users may have uploaded, posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted to the Website.
- 2. Services provided by Meeting Like Minded
- 2.1 Meeting Like Minded:
- (a) operates the Website as an online platform for the provision of Services for Members; and
- (b) provides the Services to Members and Guests.
- 3. User License - Website
- 3.1 Permission is granted to temporarily download any of the Website materials on the website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only.
- 3.2 This is a grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license Users may not:
- (a) modify or copy the materials;
- (b) use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- (c) attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the website;
- (d) remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- (e) transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- 4. Use of the Website
- 4.1 Users must not, in connection with the use of the Website, act in a manner which:
- (a) is contrary to any law or any third party’s rights, or which may encourage a person to act in a way which is contrary to any law or any third party’s rights;
- (b) may result in damage to the Website or any property or equipment of Meeting Like Minded, its directors, employees, contractors or agents;
- (c) may restrict, disrupt or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the Website;
- (d) endangers the health or safety of any person;
- (e) may cause an interference to any business conducted by Meeting Like Minded;
- (f) upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any of the following to, or through, the Website:
- (i) confidential material; (ii) misleading or deceptive material;
- (iii) material which the User does not have a right to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit, such as material which is protected by copyright, patent, trade mark, service mark, or any other proprietary right, without first obtaining express permission from the owner of the material or relevant right holder and providing with the material appropriate acknowledgement of existence of the right and the permission of the right holder; or
- (iv) material which contains a virus, or other harmful or potentially harmful code;
- (g) alter, damage or delete any material on the Website;
- (h) hold the User out as having any authority to act on behalf of Meeting Like Minded or
- (i) collect or store personal information about other users in a manner which is inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions.
- 4.2 Users must obey any lawful instruction of Meeting Like Minded in using the Website.
- 5. Membership
- Membership Registration
- 5.1 In order to gain access to the Events and Services, a User must be aged 18 or over and first register as a Member and create a personal, individual account by creating a username and a password and by providing such information as may be required by Meeting Like Minded from time to time, including the Member’s:
- (a) preferred user name;
- (b) real name;
- (c) contact number;
- (d) billing details;
- (e) valid payment method that is approved by Meeting Like Minded;
- (f) account password;
- (g) date of birth; and
- (h) event and social preferences
- 5.2 User names and information provided under 5.1 must not be:
- (a) misleading or deceptive;
- (b) offensive; or
- (c) in violation or any law or third party rights.
- Account Security
5.3 Members are solely responsible for activity on their account and shall be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the account password. No sharing of accounts is permitted.
- Membership terms
5.4 Members agree to:
- (a) the Terms and Conditions;
- (c) the Code of Conduct;
- (d) the Social Media policy on the Website
- (e) all Third Party Terms; and
- (f) pay the Subscription or Once-Off Membership price, the Event Price and any applicable Fee
5.5 Membership is for a term of 12 months unless a Once-Off Membership is available for an Event or Service.
- 5.6 Members may pay the Subscription monthly, or annually in advance, but no Services will be rendered unless payment is received in full. After 12 months of continuous membership Members will be granted ‘VIP’ status which may include various benefits, such as free access to an Event designated on the Website. A Member must be a paid up Member in good standing at the time of access to any benefit or such benefit is forfeited without compensation.
- 5.7 Once-Off Membership prices must be paid in full in advance.
- Cancellation of Memberships
5.8 Meeting Like Minded may, at its sole discretion and for any or no reason, but subject to any statutory law, refuse registration of an account or Membership.
- 5.9 Meeting Like Minded may cancel an account or Membership if:
- (a) a Subscription, Once-Off Membership price or Event Price is not paid in full; or
- (a) after 12 months of continuous membership, with at least 2 weeks’ advance notice; or
- Code of Conduct
5.11 Members agree that it is important that courtesy, good behaviour and high moral standards are maintained at all times. Unsociable behaviour is not tolerated. Meeting Like Minded reserves the right to terminate Membership at their sole discretion when a Member’s conduct is considered unsatisfactory.
5.12 Certain Events may allow for Guest attendance. A Member:
- (a) may nominate one Guest;
- (b) must make payment of the Event Price for the Guest
- (c) must be in attendance throughout the Event;
- (e) is responsible for the conduct of the Guest.
- 6. Events and Services
- 6.1 Meeting Like Minded may, at its sole discretion and for any or no reason, delete, edit, modify, reformat, convert, excerpt, or translate any material or content related to a Listing.
- Purchasing of Services
6.2 A Member may purchase an Event or Service by paying the Event Price. If an Event or Service is free, a Member must provide advance notice to Meeting Like Minded if a Member or Guest is unable to attend. If advance notice is not provided, a Fee may apply.
- Cancellation of Servicesb
6.3 Meeting Like Minded may at its sole discretion for any reason or no reason, terminate any Listing, Event or Service at any time without notice to a Member. If an Event Price has been paid, Meeting Like Minded may at its election, refund the Event Price or offer a rescheduled Event.
- Third Party Terms
6.4 Events and Services may be subject to Third Party Terms. By paying the Event Price, Members agree to all Third Party Terms and acknowledge that Meeting Like Minded has no ability to control or direct a third party in relation to Third Party Terms. Members are solely responsible for compliance with Third Party Terms.
- Meeting Like Minded acts on behalf of Members
- 6.5 In relation to Events and Services provided by third parties, Members acknowledge and agree that Meeting Like Minded acts on behalf of the Member to assist in the securing of access to that Event or Service, and is not responsible for the performance, acts or omissions by or of that third party. Instances of third parties that may be engaged by Meeting Like Minded on behalf of Members include:
- (a) transportation providers;
- (b) food and hospitality providers; and
- (c) entertainment providers
- Breach, delay or cancellation by a third party
6.6 In the event that a Third Party Term is breached or an Event or Service is delayed, rescheduled or cancelled by a third party or through no fault of Meeting Like Minded, all requests for refunds or compensation shall be made directly to that third party. While Meeting Like Minded will make reasonable attempts to assist a Member, it cannot guarantee that any dispute with a third party will be resolved to the Member’s satisfaction.
- Allergies and Alcohol
6.7 Certain Events and Services may involve the serving of food and alcohol. Members are solely responsible for ensuring that food served meets their and their Guest’s dietary or allergy restrictions. Meeting Like Minded supports the responsible service of alcohol, and reserves the right to exclude any Member or Guest from an Event, Service or service of alcohol for the safety and comfort of Members and Guests.
- Members and Guests with disabilities
6.8 Meeting Like Minded supports access to Events and Services by Members and Guests with a disability or infirmity, but this may not always be possible for every Event and Service. Members should inform Meeting Like Minded of any special requirements before purchasing a Service.
- Sales are final
6.9 To the fullest extent permitted by law (and subject to rights under the Australian Consumer Law rights) all Event and Service purchases are final and no refund or exchanges will be provided by Meeting Like Minded.
- Attendance at Member’s risk
6.10 Meeting Like Minded takes reasonable steps to ensure the safety and wellbeing of Members and Guests at Events and during the provision of the Services. However, participation in an Event or Service is entirely at the Member or Guest’s risk.
- 6.11 Members and Guests are responsible for obtaining any required insurance and are solely responsible for their personal safety and property.
- Consumer Law applies
6.12 Nothing in this clause 6 is intended to limit, or limits, any rights Members or Guests may have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (including under the Australian Consumer Law set out in Schedule 2 of that Act) or any other applicable consumer law.
- 7. Privacy
- (a) Identifying information such as name and date of birth;
- (b) contact information such as home address, home and mobile phone numbers and email address;
- (c) financial information, such as bank account and credit card details; and
- (d) information about involvement in sporting or recreational activities Users and Members participate in or memberships held.
- Marketing and disclosure consent
7.3 Meeting Like Minded may use personal information collected from Users and Members to provide Users and Members with information, updates and our services. Meeting Like Minded may also make Users and Members aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to Users and Members, provided by Meeting Like Minded, our partners, service providers and customers. Meeting Like Minded may use Users’ and Members’ personal information to improve our products and services and better understand Users’ and Members’ needs.
- 7.4 Meeting Like Minded may contact Users and Members by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
- 8. Users’ and Members’ Intellectual Property
- All material and content posted or submitted by a User or Member to Meeting Like Minded or on the Website is the intellectual property of that User or Member. However, each User or Member grants a free and irrevocable licence in perpetuity to Meeting Like Minded and its assigns and successors to use any part or the whole of any intellectual property, in any form, for any purpose it deems fit, including for advertising and marketing of the Website or any other products and services offered by Meeting Like Minded, its related bodies corporate, partners, advertisers, suppliers or contractors.
- 9. No warranties and limitation of liability
- 9.1 To the extent permitted by law, Meeting Like Minded excludes all representations and warranties, express or implied, other than those contained in these terms and conditions. Where Meeting Like Minded is found to be liable for breach of any warranty or condition implied by statute and which it cannot lawfully exclude (such as under the Competition and Consumer Law Act 2010 (Cth)), Meeting Like Minded’s liability is limited (to the extent permitted by law) at its option to the following:
- (a) in the case of goods supplied or offered by it:
- (i) to the supply of those goods again; or
- (ii)to the payment of the cost of having those goods supplied again; or
- (b) in the case of services supplied or offered by it:
- (i) to the supply of the services again; or
- (ii) to the payment of the cost of having services supplied again.
- 9.2 Meeting Like Minded, its related bodies corporate, its directors, and its employees accept no liability for any loss (including loss of revenue or anticipated profits, loss of goodwill, loss of business, loss of data, computer failure or malfunction), or injury or any direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive, or other damages caused by or as a result of:
- (b) any virus or other harmful, or potentially harmful, code which may be transmitted in connection with use of the Website;
- (c) any information available on or through the Website or on or through any website to which there is a link from the Website; or
- (d) Meeting Like Minded’s negligence or the negligence of any of its related bodies corporate, directors, officers, shareholders, employees, provider institutions or agents.
- 9.3 Users and Members indemnify Meeting Like Minded, its related bodies corporate, their officers and employees, and service providers) from and against all:
- (a) liability to any third party;
- (b) damage to property; and
- (c) other liability, damage or loss;
- insofar as the injury, damage or other liability, damage or loss is attributable to that User or Member or that Member’s Guest’s negligence, breach of these terms and conditions, or unlawful or wilful action in connection with these terms and conditions, their performance, or the failure to perform them.
- (a) a User or Member’s use of or inability to use the Website or a Service,
- 10. Revisions and Errata
- The materials appearing on the Website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Meeting Like Minded does not warrant that any of the materials on the Website are accurate, complete, or current. Meeting Like Minded may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Meeting Like Minded does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
- 11. Links and Advertising
- Meeting Like Minded has not reviewed the sites linked to or from the Website or third party advertising. All links and advertising provided are for Users’ convenience only, and Meeting Like Minded is not responsible for the content of any such linked site or advertising. The inclusion of any link or advertising does not imply endorsement by Meeting Like Minded of the site. Use of any such linked website or advertising is at the User's own risk.
- Meeting Like Minded may revise these terms and conditions at any time without notice. By using this Website, Users and Members are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- 13. Governing Law
- Any claim relating to these Terms and Conditions of Use or the use of the Website or Services shall be governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales, Australia without regard to its conflict of law provisions, and Users agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of that State.
- 14. Severance
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use is held invalid, unenforceable, or illegal for any reason, these terms and conditions remain otherwise in full force and effect apart from such provision which will be read down to the extent of the invalidity, unenforceability or illegality, and if it is not possible to read down the provision it, will be deemed deleted.
- 15. Definitions
- Code of Conduct means the agreed conduct standards for access to Events and Services as provided on the Website.
- Event means an event organized by Meeting Like Minded or third parties which may include concerts, sporting events, performances, meals, tours and other social gatherings as described in a Listing.
- Event Price means the price charged by Meeting Like Minded for an Event selected by a Member.
- Fee means a fee for any cost incurred by Meeting Like Minded as a result of a request, act or omission by a Member, such as postage, bank fees or costs incurred as a result of non-attendance.
- Guest means a person who is not a Member, but has access to an Event on nomination by a Member and who has paid the Event Price.
- Listing means a listing on the Website displaying an Event or Service and related information including the Event Price and description.
- Once-Off Membership means a Member who has access to a single Event or Service on payment of an agreed price.
- Services means organizing access to Events, opportunities to socialize with other Members, group purchases and other services such as transportation, as stated on the Website from time to time.
- Subscription means the price set by Meeting Like Minded for membership as stated on the Website from time to time.
- Third Party Terms means the terms imposed by a third party including terms imposed by a
- (a) financial institution;
- (b) venue;
- (c) ticker issuer;
- (d) transportation provider; or
- (e) event organizer
- Website means the domain www.meetinglikeminded.com.au and all sub-domains.
- User means any person accessing the Website provided by Meeting Like Minded.